This is why imo Piper is a horrible character. Don't like don't read.
1. She's manipulative and obsessive over Jason. Piper gets jealous just because Jason stood next to and talked to Annabeth, even when she clearly had a boyfriend. They've been told about Percy being missing and PiperxJason wasn't even a thing yet, but she's instantly jealous. The same thing happened with Reyna, Piper got jealous and 'He's gonna leave me for her!!11!", and even charmspoke Jason to stop thinking about Reyna. Quoting TLH, "She [Drew] was about to leave when Piper said, “Oh, and Drew, honey?” The former counselor looked back reluctantly. “In case you think I’m not a true daughter of Aphrodite,” Piper said, “don’t even look at Jason Grace. He may not know it yet, but he’s mine. If you even try to make a move, I will load you into a catapult and shoot you across Long Island Sound. ” she literally claimed that Jason was hers, then threatened to kill her half sister. And Jason's single, they aren't dating yet. She's possessive over Jason.
2. She's a hypocrite. Piper stated that she hates pink and anyone who wears it, then goes and wears a pink hello kitty tank top in MoA? Saying she doesn't use charmspeak for everything them doing it? Saying she doesn't care about boys and dating- *spends all her time drooling over Jason*
3. Piper's achievements. When has Annabeth even been to scared, weak one? Yeah, all the fear coming at once would've been a lot, but she survived Tartarus, watched her friend get turned into a tree, went on multiple quests, fought a war, and watched her other friend sacrifice himself. And now she's the weak one, while Piper "toughened her up"? Festus. Piper woke up a metal dragon, which even Leo said was impossible. If it's impossible them how?? everything considered 'impossible' in pjo was just very difficult, with a high chance that you'd die. Not actually impossible, like waking up a piece of metal. Killing Khione- Piper's a newbie demigod with no training, yet ran up to a goddess, stabbed her, and won the fight? Defeating a giant by herself- With no help and a few days of training from Hazel, she holds down an entire giant on her own while Aphrodite doesn't do much? Percy could barely defeat Ares after a week or two at camp. Swordfighting- she masters swordfighting and using weapons after almost no training except a few days on the Argo two with Hazel.
4. She complains too much for no reason. Yeah, no matter how much trauma you go through it's still trauma, but her backstory didn't have any. The flashbacks contain Piper SPENDING TIE WITH HER FATHER, while she complains that it isn't enough time. Tristian McLean's busy with his job, and is the reason she can afford to do literally whatever she wants to. He's actually clearing his schedule so they can go to the beach, meaning he cares. So no, Mr. McLean doesn't not care about his daughter, he actually cares a lot and loves her. She was never traumatized by her father.
5. Her charmspeak. First, in TLH, it said you can't charmspeak other women or goddesses. Then she charmed Gaea, who's both. In HoH, it said it doesn't affect you if you're not attracted to her. Does that mean every monster she charmspoke was hitting on her? Obviously not, as Gaea and the giants all hated them.
6. She doesn't care about her "friends." Piper doesn't think of anyone except Jason unless someone else is right in front of her/dying. Even though the books said she and Annabeth were friends, they don't show any interaction showing friendship besides an inside joke about stealing each other's breakfast. Real friends spend time with each other, and the Argo 2 spent lots of time flying away from camp, with nothing but Roman legion eagles circling them. If they were truly friends, they'd spend time with each other instead of no interaction.
7. No character arc. As I said above, she didn't have a rough childhood, so there's nothing from that. She never struggled with adjusting to demigodly life, as she seemed fine with everything before and was never shown to be confused about it in any way. Her character arc is nonexistent, as in the beginning, she was obsessive, manipulative, and charming, and in the end of HoO she was obsessive, manipulative and charming. It's not a boring arc, it doesn't exist.
(Drew kept trying to hit on Jason).
You can't control who you like. Just because Piper like Jason, doesn't mean Drew can make a move on him? That's like h*mophob/s saying you can't be gay because you're "supposed to like girls, not boys."
the only people I see Piper wrinkling her nose at is the Aphrodite children.
Are you validating that? Piper was instantly judging them for being girly, and decided that they're weak, vain, snobby and can't fight. Even after Lacy and Mitchell helped her out. "The other Aphrodite campers offered her some [clothes] (laughing behind her back, she was sure)" why is she suddenly so sure that they'd laugh behind her back? if that's not prejudice because she thinks they're rude, vain weak, then what is? If you need more proof, "The guys had one row of bunks separated by a curtain, but their section of the cabin was just as neat and orderly as the girls’. Something was definitely unnatural about that." Piper's weirded out by the fact that the boys are neat. So if you're a boy, you're instantly messy and don't care about organizing?
For boring and ‘nothing interesting about her’, she hated the attention of her father so much she cut her hair in a choppy way to get attention. Attention as in not a way to be a prat, but so that her father could care about her more.
As I'd proved above, her father cares a lot about her. She stated that she hated attention, then tries to get attention?
This is my personal viewpoint on Piper McLean, and I respect your opinion if you disagree. I have to leave for dance, I'll post a part 2 later unless someone else wants to.
Sources: Piper McLean rant