Aerokinesis is the elemental ability to create, control and manipulate the air and wind in a variety of offensive or defensive ways. It is one of the first four elements that make up Atmokinesis. It is an ability that the children of Zeus/Jupiter, Poseidon/Neptune, and the Anemoi possess.
- Air Blasts: The ability to control and generate very powerful winds and air currents
- Flight: The ability to ride air currents.
- Cloud Manipulation: The ability to control and generate clouds.
- Air waves: The ability to control and generate air waves.
- Storm Manipulation: The ability to control and generate all types of storms including tornadoes and hurricanes.
The most common example of this is the ability to fly. Users of aerokinesis can manipulate and control or create wind and air, such as air waves, air currents, air structures, air pressure, clouds, tornadoes, storms, and altogether air bending. Other abilities include, being able to see and use air magic and the ability to influence and control the minds of air/wind spirits.
Aeolus is the master of the air and winds and can alter the direction from which the wind blows in parts of the United States. He will normally do this by request from one god or the other, making his job increasingly difficult if two different gods request different directions of the winds.
The children of Poseidon/Neptune can create their own personal hurricane demonstrated by Percy Jackson in The Last Olympian and in The Son of Neptune. The full strength of their aerokinetic abilities are unknown, but they can create quite powerful tornadoes, storms and hurricanes.
- Hera/Juno (limited, regarding clouds)
- Aphrodite/Venus (limited, regarding clouds)
- Artemis/Diana (limited, only in the wilderness)
- Thalia Grace
- Jason Grace
- Ouranos (unlimited)
- Poseidon/Neptune (limited, regarding storms over seas)