Alf Seidr (also known as elf magic) is a form of peaceful magic that can only be wielded by some elves, the god Frey, and his children. Its main uses are for healing, growing, and stopping violence. It cannot be learned, unlike Rune Magic. Alf Seidr is an inherited ability, so only those born with it can utilize it. It was first seen in The Sword of Summer.
Some powers that are gained from alf seidr include:
- Disarmament: The user can expel energy like the shockwave from a bomb, disarming anyone in his or her surrounding area of their weapons.
- Healing: The user can heal both him or herself and others from wounds at incredible rates.
- Pacemiakinesis: The user can create and manipulate peace.
- Growth Manipulation: The user can make things grow or stop growing.
- Alf Seidr is said to be lesser magic than Rune Magic.
- Another name for the ability is Abjuration.