At first glance, it looks like an ordinary cabin, but when hit by sunlight it looks as if it's made of solid gold, and gleams so much that it is difficult to look at. Inside, there are bunk beds on either side with a cot in the middle of the cabin for the injured. Rough cedar beams rib the ceiling and the white plaster walls are bare except for a few hooks for coats and weapons. It smelled of clean linen and dried sage. The cabin is described as modest by Apollo. The only decorations are some flower pots on the windowsill, filled with cheerful yellow blooms from the island of Delos. They only grow in and around the cabin. Will has a bookshelf to kept reference materials about his father Apollo to share with new campers. One of the flowerpots is filled with red and purple hyacinths.
In The Lightning Thief graphic novel, the cabin is an ordinary gray stone cabin with a sun symbol on the door and a window on the side. On ReadRiordan, the cabin is gold with a sun on the roof, columns on either side of the main entrance and a symbol of a lyre carved on the porch’s floor.
- Lee Fletcher (former head counselor; deceased)
- Michael Yew (former head counselor; deceased)
- Will Solace (counselor)
- Apollo/Lester (temporarily)
- Austin Lake
- Kayla Knowles
- Victoria (video game only)
While children of Apollo are fairly powerful, the abilities of some tend to be more specialized in one direction rather than just gaining a general set of abilities like many other types of demigod children. For example, Will Solace's inherited powers are mostly useful for healing with Will being the camp's lead healer. As a result, Will states in The Blood of Olympus that his other inherited talents aren't as strong such as being a much-lesser archer than his combat-orientated siblings.
- They can curse others to only speak in rhyming couplets that can take days or even weeks to wear off (depending on strength and number of people in the spell).
- They are expert archers, inherited from their father. However, the children of Apollo who are healers tend to be less skilled with this as seen with Will Solace.
- They also excel at anything involving throwing or shooting stuff, like shooting hoops or shooting firearms or other missile weapons.
- They are skilled in physical contests and games.
- They excel in the arts.
- They are skilled musicians.
- Vitakinesis: As the children of Apollo, they are natural healers.
- They can heal people by singing a hymn to their father (in Ancient Greek).
- Audiokinesis: As the children of Apollo, they have the ability to control sound waves and music.
- It is extremely rare that a child of Apollo can possess complete photokinesis, as only Apollo himself and the Titan of Light, Hyperion, and the Titan of the Sun, Helios, have been known to use the ability.
- From what can be gleaned from The Demigod Diaries, it can be presumed that some, or even all of Apollo's children possess a limited form of precognition.
- Thanks to a curse, all the children of Apollo have a terrible fear of snakes.
- The Apollo cabin has had more head counselors killed than any other cabin in the series, and is tied for the most known head counselors along with Aphrodite's and Hephaestus' cabins.
- For a time, the cabin was home to Apollo himself when he was rendered mortal by Zeus. This lasted from his arrival at Camp Half-Blood until he departed on his quest to secure the Oracles.