Ares' Cabin is scruffily painted with an angry red color, has barbed wire lining the roof, and a stuffed boar's head on the doorway. The eyes of the boar seem to stare at whoever is walking by. There are also live landmines surrounding the entrance. In The Hidden Oracle, Sherman Yang decorated the cabin with flag grenades and brightly decorated claymores.
In the Lightning Thief graphic novel, Ares' cabin is an ordinary gray stone building with a boar's head over the door, barbed wire lining the roof and suppport beams on either side.
- Sherman Yang (current counselor)
- Clarisse La Rue (former counselor)
- Ellis Wakefield
- Arnold Beefcake (Camp Half-Blood Confidential)
- Two other female campers
The Initiation Ceremony is a ritual used by the Ares' Cabin to initiate a new camper by dunking his/her head in the toilet. The ceremony still kept on going, as mentioned in Demigod Files but in The Lightning Thief, Percy Jackson used his hydrokinesis, as he is a son of Poseidon, to resist having his head dunked in the toilet.
- Telumkinesis: They are able to adapt to using various types of weapons quicker than normal. They have the power to curse their opponents' weapons and transfigure any object into any weapon. Examples include making a sword too heavy to lift properly or turning arrows into rubber, forcibly disarming their opponents.
- Odikinesis: They can unconsciously arouse feelings of impulsive anger, hatred, and bloodlust in people, to the point of instigating physical violence.
- Necromancy (limited): They can summon the dead of the losing side of a battle.
- Enhanced Physical Prowess: They all have enhanced strength and swiftness. The daughters of Ares have the skeletal structure and muscle distribution of exceptionally large, strong, and well-conditioned human men, allowing them to withstand the rigors of combat as well as their brothers.
- Intelligence: They are excellent war strategists, though they seem to prefer mindless brute force over strategy like their father.
- Fighting skills: They are natural fighters with inborn fighting skills.
The Blessing of Ares is a blessing given to children of Ares, when they have shown great courage or bloodlust in battle. It cloaks the bearer in a glowing aura of flickering red fire that grants temporary invulnerability to pain and all physical harm.
- Flying Chariot (shared with the Apollo's Cabin) obtained in the Second Titan War. However, it was destroyed in The Lost Hero.
- Ares' Cabin's blood red chariot with skeleton horses.
- The cabin is described as having rock music blaring from it at times.