Atmokinesis, also known as weather manipulation, is one of the most powerful abilities in existence where one can control and manipulate the various forms and aspects of the weather itself.
It can be used to cause massive damage or do many great things depending of the intentions of the user, the full potential of these powers remain unknown as none of the gods or Titans seem to hold that much power, only three protogenos (Ouranos, Aither and Gaea) and two of the Olympians (Zeus and Demeter) appear to have a full extent.
There are five or more elemental abilities combined into Atmokinesis which is one of the reasons why it holds such devastating power:
- Hydrokinesis (limited): the ability to control and manipulate water, moisture and fog.
- Thermokinesis: the ability to control and manipulate temperature.
- Cryokinesis: the ability to control and manipulate ice, cold and snow.
- Aerokinesis: the ability to control and manipulate air and wind.
- Electrokinesis: the ability to control and manipulate electricity and lightning.
- Nephelokinesis: the ability to control clouds to make it to rain or snow.
Those who possess one or more of these kinetic abilities will most likely hold the generic version of it as well. The best example to explain this would be Poseidon, he could use hydrokinesis to gather water molecules from his surroundings to make it rain.
This ability has been show to small degrees in the series. For example, clouds in the series will generally rumble with thunder whenever Zeus/Jupiter becomes angry. His son, Jason Grace, inherited some of this power as well, being able to call down lightning bolts from the sky when he needs to. He is also able to control the wind, allowing him to fly and see wind related magic. Percy Jackson, a son of Poseidon, has been able to use this ability as well, being able to create small hurricanes for attack and defense in battle.
Aeolus is a god that controls the four winds in the North, East, South, and West. By controlling them, he is able to control the weather itself and frequently takes requests from the gods in order to make them happy, a job that has driven him almost insane over the years. His assistant Mellie explains that this is the reason the weather can change so suddenly. Khione and her father Boreas are another example, as they have control over the North wind and winter. Khione has displayed the ability to create snow storms whenever she feels like it, even if she is not in the area.
In Korea, the ability to control wind and water is exclusive to the Dragon race. They could prevent friends from being rained out of the music festival they paid too much money to attend or give them a much-needed snow day during midterms.
Deities and Nymphs
- Boreas (limited)
- Eurus (limited)
- Notus (limited)
- Zephyros (limited)
- Aura (limited)
- Aurae (limited)
- Elder Cyclopes
- Hecate (with magic)
- Hera (limited)
- Khione (limited)
- Nephelae (limited)
- Oceanids (limited)
- Percy Jackson (limited)
- Thalia Grace
- Jason Grace
- Gunilla (presumably)
- Calais (limited)
- Zethes (limited)
- Hecate's children (with magic)
- Setne (through magic)
- Apparently, only five beings in existence appear to have the full extent of this power, in authority order: Ouranos, Aither, Gaea, Zeus and Demeter.
- Although, is unknown if users of only electrokinesis are able to call electric storms, as all of users of electrokinesis that appeared in the series has atmokinesis.