Biokinesis is the ability to manipulate and modify one's anatomy. The gods have vast biokinetic abilities as they can alter their height, eye color, and appearance in the blink of an eye. However, it can also be used to heal either themselves or others as well creating uncurable diseases. Furthermore, it could also be used to alter someone's genes, body parts and if someone has the proficiency to make it work, it could either revive the dead or stop the aging process and thus grant a form of immortality.
- Healing (Vitakinesis)
- Creating diseases
- Control the aspects of a creature's biological make-up
- Enhance senses and biological functions
- Physical adaptions/distortions/augmentations
- Adapting (breathing under water when you're about to drown, etc.)
- Controlling blood (Hemokinesis)
- Bone/skeletal manipulation (osteokinesis)
Some of the uses of biokinesis get a separate name like hemo-, osteo- and vita-. The last one being the most used regarding biokinetic powers in the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series.
- Apollo's children
- Hecate's children (using magic)
- Frank Zhang (capable of transforming into any living animal)
- Percy Jackson (capable of healing himself while in contact with water)
- Nico di Angelo (Osteokinesis user)
- Nymphs and satyrs (through songs)
- Magnus Chase
- The gods and Titans will most likely possess these powers to some extent with the deities of healing (Apollo, Asclepius, Aceso, etc.) being the absolute experts on the field outmatching even the other gods in regard to biokinesis.
- The shape-shifting and size manipulation the Olympians use every now and then could be a form of this.
- Percy possesses a variation of vitakinesis. In The Mark of Athena, Percy heals Jason after being submerged by the nymph's water. Also, in the movie he healed Annabeth's wrist by means of water.