Life as a Hunter
Britomartis was one of Artemis' first followers and helped her to hunt the golden deer for her chariot. At some point, Artemis transformed Britomartis into a goddess.
Britomartis first shows up after Apollo, Leo, and Calypso have lunch at the Waystation. She introduces herself to Apollo by catching him in a net and cutting him free in a risky way. She then proceeds to explain that two of her griffins, Heloise and Abelard, have been captured by Commodus, and that she wants Apollo and Calypso to free them at the Indianapolis Zoo. Despite their protests, she insists that they must be the ones to go, as Leo must help bolster the Waystation's defenses.
After the griffins are rescued, Britomartis reveals where Commodus's palace is and where the secret entrance is.
Unlike her friend and half-sister Artemis, Britomartis enjoys playing jokes and potentially dangerous pranks on people, particularly on Apollo. He called her an anime-character wannabe due to her love of dramatic entrances.
Like many gods, Britomartis can be arrogant and place her needs ahead of others, such as when she asked Apollo and Calypso to rescue her gryphons - Heloise Abelard while she ignored Emmie and Josephine's desire to have their adoptive daughter Georgina rescued.
Though she isn't a Hunter of Artemis anymore, Britomartis swore she would never marry.
Britomartis has rust red eyes and a braided ponytail of auburn hair, so long it wrapped around her neck like a scarf or a noose. Apollo describes her eyes as being "fierce" and "dark", which reminded him of a panther watching its prey from the shadows of the underbush - a panther with a twisted sense of humor.
Britomartis seems to enjoy incorporating nets into her clothing. She is described to have recognizable elaborately laced sandals and a dress made from layers of mesh in forest-colored camouflage, which spread underneath her like a pool of netting.
Britomartis presumably possesses the standard abilities of a goddess.
- Traps Expert: As the Goddess of Hunting and Fishing Nets, Britomartis is an expert at setting up traps.
- Hunting Traps: Apollo states that whenever Artemis wants to build something highly complicated for her hunts, she would have Britomartis work on it.
- Enhanced Fishing: Britomartis is an expert on fishing.
- Hunting: Since she was a Hunter of Artemis, Britomartis is very good at hunting.
- Archery: She is very good at archery.
- Lunar Expert: Britomartis is an expert on the phases of the moon, being able to can tell when the phases of the moon are going to happen.
- Her sacred animal is the griffin. She calls herself their mother.
Britomartis appears to have a mutual flirtation going on with her half-brother Apollo. However, said flirtation appears to be just a means to play pranks on him, such the Burmese tiger pit outside Ingrid Bergman's trailer.
- Britomartis used to be part of the Cretan pantheon of gods. It seems that the remaining Cretan deities faded out after the old Cretan religion declined. She survived by befriending Artemis and becoming a Greek goddess.
- Her Norse counterpart is Ran, as Ran is the Goddess of Nets.