|“||Welcome to Canada, idiot.||”|
Canada is a country in the continent of America located on the northern part, sharing a border with the United States of America and geographically being the second biggest country in the world. It is the home of Boreas and his children Khione, Zethes, and Calais, as well as Grandma Zhang and the birthplace and former home of Frank Zhang.
When Percy Jackson and Annabeth Chase are fighting the Laistrygonian Giants, Percy asks Annabeth the English name for the Laestrygonians. Annabeth simply replies "Canadians," because the Laistrygonians live in Canada.
- Grandma Zhang – Frank's grandmother.
- Boreas – God of the North Wind.
- Khione – Goddess of Snow and one of the antagonists in The Lost Hero.
- Zethes – A son of Boreas.
- Calais – A son of Boreas.
- Frank Zhang (formerly) – A demigod son of Mars and Emily Zhang and a legacy of Poseidon.
- Emily Zhang (formerly) – The mother of Frank Zhang, lover of Mars, and legacy of Poseidon. She died while fighting in Afghanistan.
- Kayla Knowles – A Greek demigod daughter of Apollo and Darren Knowles.
- Darren Knowles- An archery instructor.
- The word "Canada" comes from the St. Lawrence Iroquoian word kanata, which means village or settlement.
- So far, Frank Zhang and Kayla Knowles are the only known demigods who are from Canada.
- Canada's capital is Ottawa.
- Canada is the second largest country by area on the planet, the biggest being Russia.
- Canada is part of the Commonwealth of Nations, former British colonies that are now independent but still see the monarch on the United Kingdom as their monarch. Other countries include Australia, New Zealand, Jamaica, Barbados, The Bahamas, Belize and others around the world.
- French speaking residents are known as francophones while English speaking residents are known as anglophones.
- The border between Canada and the United States is the longest land boarder shared between two countries.
- In fact, the only provinces that do not touch the United States are Newfoundland and Labrador, Nova Scotia, and Prince Edward Island.