Historically, Centurion (centurio in Latin) was a professional officer (one of the Ordinarii) in the Roman army. Most centurions commanded eighty men (a Century) despite the commonly assumed one hundred, but senior centurions (the Centurio Primus Pilus for example) commanded cohorts, or took senior staff roles in their legion.
Centurions had to be literate, have connections (letters of recommendation), and have had risen through the ranks, seeing several years of service first.
In Camp Jupiter, Centurions had to have at least five years of service and have been on a quest to qualify.
- Jason Grace (formerly; promoted to Praetor of the Twelfth Legion then gave title to Frank Zhang; deceased)
- Frank Zhang (formerly; promoted to Praetor of the Twelfth Legion)
- Gwendolyn (formerly; retired)
- Dakota (formerly; deceased)
- Hazel Levesque (formerly; promoted to Praetor of the Twelfth Legion)
- Lavinia Asimov