DOA Recording Studios (meaning Dead On Arrival) is one of the main entrances to the Underworld. It is located in Los Angeles, California.
The doors in the lobby say: NO SOLICITORS. NO LOITERING. NO LIVING. Inside the lobby, muzak music plays and the carpet and walls are steel gray. There is black leather furniture and an elevator. Charon is on a raised podium inside the studio.
- The original entrance to the Underworld was the Cave of Avernus.
- DOA means "Dead On Arrival," which most people are when they arrive there.
- Adults must pay a fee for the trip on Charon's boat (usually charged to their last cable bill or with American Express).
- People who cannot pay stay in the lobby hoping for a free trip or until Charon's discretion to them changes. Many have stayed for a couple of hundreds of years, while some have only been there for a few days, and some might even still be waiting after thousands of years; most of these are children.
- When Percy, Annabeth and Grover come to DOA, they claim they died in a bathtub. This may be a reference to Agamemnon, who was killed by his wife in a bathtub.
|Underworld:||DOA Recording Studios | Doors of Death | Door of Orpheus | Elysium | Erebos | Fields of Asphodel | Fields of Punishment | Hades' Palace | Isles of the Blest | Judgment Pavilion | Persephone's Garden|
|Rivers:||Cocytus | Phlegethon | Styx | Lethe | Acheron|
|Tartarus:||The Mansion of Night | Hermes' Shrine | Chaos|