Daimons are immortal spirits that are beings of the same nature as both mortals and gods, similar to ghosts, chthonic heroes, spirit guides, forces of nature or the gods themselves. They are often said to be 'between gods and mortals' in terms of power.
Types of Daimons
- Daimon in Greek means "spirit," and thus can refer to both nature spirits like nymphs and satyrs, as well as monsters.
- Many daimons are often considered a type, or the origin, of fairies, especially in the case of satyrs and nymphs.
- Interestingly, most of the children of Nyx and Erebus (or just Nyx) are daimons.
- Sometimes the Kouretes who protected Zeus and their relatives the Korybantes in Phrygia are considered a kind of spirit or daimon.
- Percy Jackson's Greek Gods