|“||I'm afraid you just missed my lieutenant Delphin, God of the Dolphins.||”|
Delphin was born to Pontos and Thalassa. After Poseidon became the ruler of the sea, Delphin became one of his lieutenants. When Amphitrite fled from his master's courtship, Delphin went in search of her and persuaded her to agree to the marriage. For this service, Poseidon placed him amongst the stars as the constellation Delphinus.
|“||And there was a dolphin - just a regular dolphin, but it was staring at the map intently.||”|
–Delphin's appearance, in The Last Olympian
It is presumed that Delphin has the standard powers of a god.
- Hydrokinesis: As a sea god, Delphin has considerable control over water.
- Aquatic Authority: As the God of Dolphins, Delphin can speak to and control dolphins.
- Persuasion: Delphin was shown to have remarkable skills of persuasion. He managed to convince Amphitrite to marry Poseidon by cleverly yet realistically highlighting all the benefits she could enjoy if she did.
- The word Dolphin comes from his name.
- The Delphinidae family of Cetaceans is named after him.
- In myths, he is thought to be the first dolphin.