|“||You can be anything.||”|
–Emily Zhang to Frank Zhang
Emily Zhang was a Canadian soldier who died during the war in Afghanistan, while saving a few comrades' lives. Because she was an exceptional soldier, Mars, the Roman god of war, admired her and she became the mother of a Roman demigod, Frank Zhang. Emily was a major part of Frank's life, and she taught him his ancestry when he was a child. She was a witness to the revelation of Frank's firewood, and knew about the various weapons in the mansion. According to Juno, Emily was somewhat foolish during the war, thinking her powers could save her and her team. This comment understandably upset Frank.
Emily Zhang was a strong woman who cared about those around her. She was very protective of her son, but also was very encouraging of him. As she watched her son grow up, she would sometimes give him hints about the family ability, as she knew he would have a hard life ahead. Emily also had a strong sense of duty, joining the Canadian army and fighting in the war in Afghanistan. She even stayed behind and fought off enemy forces, allowing her allies to escape at the cost of her own life.
- Shapeshifting: She had the ability to transform into any living creature as a descendant of Periclymenus.
- Combat Training: Emily was trained by the Canadian military and even fought on the battlefield.
- Emily had a habit of using several greats in a row when talking about the family's ancestors, while poking Frank's belly.
- Emily is the only Greek legacy known to have had a relationship with a Roman god.
- According to her son Frank, Emily looks like the goddess Iris.
- Emily is the only known mortal parent of a demigod to not be fully human, as she was a descendant of Poseidon.