In the lore, foxes gain tails as a reflection of their power, the maximum number being nine.
The star of the book, Min, is a fox spirit. According to her, they lived disguised as humans and rarely used their abilities. They used to played tricks like changing into beautiful humans to lure lonely travelers close so they could suck out their lives. But Min's mother, Kim Seonmi, insisted that the family behaved as proper, civilized foxes so they wouldn’t get in trouble with the other residents of Jinju. The last prejudice annoyed Min as other supernaturals like Dragons and Dokkaebi, and Shamans could wield their magic openly, and were even praised for it. The foxes never overcame their bad reputation, but nowadays most people think they've gone extinct.
| Then there was the little one...
This article is in need of expansion. You can edit it in order to achieve a higher standard.
- Shapeshifting: Fox spirits have the ability to shapeshift.
- Charm: Fox spirits have the ability to charm.
- Tychokinesis: Fox spirits can learn to affect drinks as to cause the drinker bad luck.
- Fox Spirits are typically female, but some, such as Jun and Manshik, choose to be male.
- Similar stories can be found throught East Asia. They are known as Huli jing in China and Kitsune in Japan.
|Main Characters:||Bae Jang | Captain Hwan | Haneul | Kim Jun | Kim Min | Sujin|
|Secondary Characters:||Areum | Bora | Captain Hye | Lieutenant Hyosu | Lieutenant Ju-Won | Manshik | Nari | Security Officer Seok | Kim Seonmi|
|Minor Characters:||Byung-Ho | Chul | Eui | Eunhee | Gyeong-Ja | Hae | Lieutenant Commander Ju-Eun | Lieutenant Seo-Hyeon | Woo-Jin | Yong|
|Supernatural Species:||Fox Spirit | Dragon | Tiger Spirit | Dokkaebi | Shaman | Ghost|
|Related Content:||Yoon Ha Lee | Rick Riordan Presents|