|Not part of Riordanverse|
When Sal and Gabi work on their everyman play, the dads all use their skills to help out. Later that day the get ready for Iggy to die when his immune system shuts down. In an alternate universe they are part of a prayer session hosted by Floramaria Vidón to cure their Iggy and they all concentrate to help Sal switch parts between the two Iggy’s to fix them.
They are sitting in the outdoor kitchen in their backyard, eating empanadas when Gabi, Sal, Yasmany, Lucy, and Aventura Rios come to fix the play. When Gabi and her classmates arrive at the house, they are eating empanadas with one of the dads making one out of insects. After eating, the kids discuss their plan to retell the story as a more ethnically diverse play reflecting the various ethnicities of the student body. They go on to explain that the play will be held in different classrooms with different students playing the same part and need multiple costumes. The adults, with the acceptation of Gustavo and Bonita who have to do research, agree to help and Gabi says she and Sal should scout out the school for rooms that will work for the play. Before they leave, Ms. Reál says a new dad is joining the family. After the new dad is revealed to be Yasmany, everyone is shocked, including Yasmany. After telling him they spoke with his family, they all agree to help him build his new tiny house, which will take three days. They then go in for a group hug.
They, Reina, and Iggy dress as Lewis Caroll and praise Sal and Principal Torres for the outcome of their hard work.
- Lightning Dad: He is the chief meteorologist for the Ahora Mismo News Network. He is described as middle-aged, standing at medium height with a medium build, curly hair, and a skin tone between African and European.
- Grizzly Dad’ums (Real name José): He works for the American Heart Association. He is described as burly. He was married to Cari-Dad but got divorced. However, they get along fine.
- Cari-Dad: A female dad, she is a cardiologist. She is described as African-American with gold ribbons in her braids. She was married to Grizzly Dad’ums but divorced him. However, they get along fine.
- Dada-ist: An artist from the Dominican Republic who has sculptures on display at the Miami Museum of Kinetic Art.
- Daditarian: A second generation Cuban American who runs a food co-op and encourages people to eat insects rather than traditional meat.
- Dada-dada-dada-dada Dadman!: He works as a party performer who dresses as superheroes and a stuntman for hire. He is a recent immigrant from Cuba.
- Dad: The Final Frontier (Real name Bonita): A robot working with technology and an assistant to Gustavo Vidon.
- Meow-dad (TransubDad-tiation in another universe): A male and adopted cat.
- Presti-Dad-gitation (Real name Sal Vidon): Given honorary dad status for helping them in their hour of need with Iggy.
- Empinada-d (real name Reina Real): The original Gabi dad who trained the other dads.
- Yas-daddy (real name Yasmany Robles): Given the nickname after being adopted by the Reál family.
- It is currently unknown which of the dads, if any, are the biological father, or fathers, of Gabi and Iggy. Although, Rick Riordan may have hinted that he is Lightning Dad.
- "I could try to explain why Gabi’s father is called Lightning Dad," Sal and Gabi's Excellent Universe-Destroying Adventure
|Sal & Gabi Duology|
|Books:||Sal & Gabi Break the Universe | Sal & Gabi Fix the Universe|
|Main Characters:||Sal Vidón | Gabi Real | Yasmany Robles | Gladis Machado | Floramaria Vidón | Entropy-sweeper | FixGabi|
|Secondary Characters:||Gustavo Vidón | Lucy Vidón | Dulce Sotolongo | Ignacio Real | Gloria Torres | Vorágine|
|Minor Characters:||Reina Real | Gabi’s Fathers | Mr. Milagros | Dr. Doctorpants | Coach Lynott | Daniel Miranda Rivero | Juan Carlos Chaviano | Octavio Murillo | Mrs. Waked | Aventura Rios | Mr. Zacto | Adam Hoag | Mr. Cosquillas|
|Related Content:||Carlos Hernandez | Rick Riordan Presents|