The cabin walls are made of solid obsidian and a skull is hung over the doorway. There are torches that burn green fire twenty-four hours a day. The cabin is windowless. It was designed mainly by Nico di Angelo and constructed with help from summoned 'undead' workers.
Inside the cabin, the beds are coffin shaped with polished mahogany frames, brass railings, bloodred velvet pillows and sheets. There is also a small shrine with bones and jewels. When Hazel temporarily stayed in the cabin, she partitioned her side with sheets for privacy. They were presumably taken down when Hazel left.
- They can summon and banish the dead.
- They can destroy Skeleton Warriors.
- They can call forth the dead from the Underworld.
- They can sense when a mortal or half-blood that they know has died.
- They can see/sense people's life auras.
- They are able to release the spirits from the souls of the dead to the Underworld.
- They are able to physically touch ghosts.
- They can communicate telepathically with ghosts.
- They can create flaming fissures of hell fire, trapping people in their father's realm.
- Shadow Travel
- They can surround enemies into lightless space.
- They can use shadows to cover oneself in darkness to become invisible.
- They can possibly see through darkness while your enemies cannot.
- They are able to use black energy to create barriers.
- They can control and manipulate the beings that exist there, create and dispel shields and areas of total darkness, create and constructs weapons.
- They can heal themselves or others by using darkness (Minor injuries).
- They can absorb and dissipate shadows.
- They can open fissures in the ground.
- They can control the walls of the Underworld.
- Some can curse people.
- Some can control precious metals.
- Although Bianca di Angelo is a daughter of Hades, she never stayed in this cabin due to the fact that she joined the Hunters of Artemis, and died in battle during The Titan's Curse, and since the cabin was only built after the events of The Last Olympian.
- Hades' cabin is tied with Dionysus' cabin for having the least amount of known occupants, with each cabin only having one (as Pollux is the only other child of Dionysus after the death of Castor).
- Holding grudges is a fatal flaw for the children of Hades.
- The Blood of Olympus is the only book in which the interior of the cabin is briefly seen.
- Nico designed the cabin, though in The Blood of Olympus he says that he was not present when the cabin was built.