| Spoiler Alert!
Warning! This page contains spoilers for 9 from the Nine Worlds.
Heimdall (pronounced "HAME-doll;" in other versions Heimdallr or Heimdallur) is the Norse Aesir god of vigilance who possesses the resounding horn Gjallarhorn, owns the golden-maned horse Gulltoppr, has golden teeth, and is the son of Nine Mothers. Heimdall is attested as possessing foreknowledge, keen eyesight and hearing, is described as "the whitest of the gods," and keeps watch for the onset of Ragnarök while drinking fine mead in his dwelling Himinbjörg, located where the rainbow bridge Bifröst meets Asgard.
Heimdall hears Magnus, Samirah al-Abbas, Alex Fierro, Halfborn Gunderson, and Amir Fadlan argue, so he makes the Bifrost Bridge appear. His voice is described as squeaky and un-divine. He takes a selfie with everyone except Alex. He looks into the Nine Worlds and sees giants passing over the borders of Midgard and hears about them talking about Thrym's wedding. Sam vows that she won't marry Thrym. He then shows them a sign at Utgard Lanes, telling Magnus that Utgard-Loki has information after which he drops them back into Midgard.
Heimdall appears again with Thor and Vidar at Loki's Cave after Loki is freed. He goes around and takes selfies at every angle. When Magnus asks him if he can see Randolph Chase, Heimdall replies that sometimes he shouldn't look as far as he's able to look. Vidar mentioned that Heimdall took pictures and didn't help to tunnel through the hardened rock. He leaves the party at Valhalla early to go back to the Bifrost Bridge.
Just Another Decapitated Head
Heimdall watches Thor’s goats while the god jogs around the Nine Worlds. He dresses the goats in pajamas and tries to take a video until Odin tells him to stop and keep watch for Jotunn attacks.
Heimdall is known to have golden teeth. He has curly white-blond hair like ram's wool and alabaster colored eyes. He wears a padded cloth tunic and woolly leggings, all beige to pick up the colors of the Bifrost. He is mentioned to have fluffy eyebrows. Magnus describes him as "the goofy guy you didn't want to sit next to on the school bus."
When the Gods arrive at Loki's cavern, Heimdall is wearing a helmet, infrared goggles, jackboots, and full Kevlar body armor with the letters GRRM across the chest.
- Super-Senses: Heimdall can see and hear virtually everything that occurs across the nine realms. He can process this information so that it does not overwhelm him. He can quickly scan the realms for specific information sorting through all he sees and hears. However, he is not omniscient. He must actively focus on his senses to notice something. There are limits to what he can see through such as he can only see through about a mile of solid rock.
- Bifrost Control: As guardian of Bifrost, Heimdall can control access to it. He can send it specific locations to allow others access and render its energies safe for non-gods to travel on.
|Unknown||Unnamed daughter (reborn as an einherji)|
- During Ragnarök, Heimdall is destined to kill Loki, but he is also destined to be killed by the latter as well.
- In some myths, Heimdall is the only Norse god to have more than one mother and no father.
- His Greco-Roman equivalents are Hercules and Terminus for being a guard who manages the security of their respected pantheons.
- His Egyptian equivalent is Khnum, Protector of the Fourth Gate.