DescriptionIt is the oldest and the most worn-looking of the cabins; this is due to its former use as a home for all unclaimed demigods, as well as the children of the minor gods. Its dull brown paint is chipped off (it really should be repainted) and there is a caduceus overhanging the door. Hermes' Cabin is the largest cabin and is packed at all times.
In the film adaptation, Hermes' Cabin has tent canvases on the windows for privacy and rooms for each of the occupants; Luke's room has a desk lined with computer monitors, Winged Shoes as a gift from his father Hermes, a map leading to the Underworld, a collapsible shield, a cot, and wooden shelves.
In The Blood of Olympus, Hermes' Cabin had been lining the hills with traps, snares, and other kinds of surprises for the Romans.
Demeter's Cabin was destroyed so the occupants stayed at Hermes' cabin until their cabin was rebuilt.
- Luke Castellan (first known counselor, defected to lead Kronos' army, deceased)
- Connor Stoll (Counselor)
- Travis Stoll (Currently attending college)
- Chris Rodriguez
- Percy Jackson (Moved to Cabin 3 in The Lightning Thief)
- Nico di Angelo (Moved to Cabin 13 in The Last Olympian)
- Ethan Nakamura (son of Nemesis, deceased)
- Cecil Markowitz
- Julia Feingold
- Alice Miyazawa
- Laurel Victor (Moved to Cabin 17)
- Holly Victor (Moved to Cabin 17)
- Any unclaimed demigods
- Katie Gardner (temporarily)
- Miranda Gardiner (temporarily)
- Billie Ng (temporarily)
Many others have occupied this cabin as it is the cabin that new campers stay in until they are claimed. Many of the above campers also were temporary.
- Winged tennis shoes that allow the wearer to fly
- They are skilled at theft and trickery.
- They have a high athletic ability.
- They are persuasive.
- Some or all of Hermes's children have the ability to pick most locks with their minds.
- They can sense any physical traps.
- They are good at alchemy and making potions.
- They are good with money.
- Some are able to inherit super speed fast enough to run on air and become a blur.
- As their father is the god of travelers, they are naturally jacks-of-all-trades.
- They are very good as spies and are stealthy.
Hermes' Acceptance Policy
Being the god of travelers, Hermes' cabin has an acceptance policy stating that any undetermined camper can stay inside. This means Half-bloods whose immortal parent has not claimed them or whose immortal parent doesn't have a cabin at camp would stay in the Hermes cabin.
After the events of The Last Olympian, most of the minor gods were given cabins at camp. It is assumed that the policy then only covered the unclaimed. All new campers stay in the Hermes cabin until they are claimed by their immortal parent.
- The Hermes Cabin is the only known cabin to have two head counselors, Travis and Connor Stoll. Though in The Lost Hero, Travis goes to the head counselor meeting without Connor. It is still unknown why Connor wasn't present.
- Conversely, in The Hidden Oracle it has been revealed that Travis has gone to college, thus leaving Connor as the sole Head Counselor