The Hesperides guard the Garden of the Hesperides, located in a far western corner of the world, near Mount Tamalpais and where their father supports the weight of the sky. They keep thieves from stealing Hera's golden apples. Hera doesn't trust them very much and had a dragon with one hundred heads, Ladon, guard the tree as well.
When someone comes to their garden, the Hesperides 'dance' with the person to death, unless it is a man. They are fond of men, as they aren't allowed to leave their garden and rarely get to see any men. Examples include Jason and the Argonauts, Luke Castellan and Percy Jackson.
In The Titan's Curse, the Hesperides are described as gorgeously beautiful yet dangerous. They have caramel-like skin, glassy black eyes that were like volcanic rock, and silky black hair that tumble loose around their shoulders.
All the Hesperides wears white Greek chitons. Percy noted that he never realized how beautiful Zoë was until he saw her sisters.
The Hesperides appeared when Percy Jackson, Thalia Grace, and Zoë tried to get to their friends through the garden. Despite Zoë's greeting them as her sisters, they denied kinship with her and tried to persuade the three of them to turn back, warning them that they will be no match for Atlas, then they called Ladon.
Zoë retaliates by waking Ladon with a shout, and calling her sisters cowards when they chided her for insanity. As she distracted Ladon to help Percy and Thalia evade it, the Hesperides disappeared, but not before the oldest of them called Zoë a fool.
- Chronokinesis (limited): As nymphs of the sunset, they can tell the time and next sunset.
- Superhuman Strength: As daughters of Atlas, they have enhanced strength.
- Audiokinesis (limited): Using their singing, they can convince people that visit their garden to dance with them to death.
- Battle Prowess: As daughters of Atlas, they can fight better than a regular demigod.
- Musical Aptitude: They are known for singing to people that come to their garden.