|Not part of Riordanverse|
Ixchel is the Mayan goddess of love, marriage, pregnancy, healing, moon, beauty, land, water and medicine.
She is the wife of the god Itzamna, is known as the divine mother, offering blessings to her followers. However, when he became angry he could unleash his anger by emptying a pitcher full of water onto the land, causing tsunamis and natural disasters.
Ixchel used to be a member of the council in the Old World. However, she is notorious for being averse to conflict, this allowed Ixkakaw, the goddess of chocolate, to overthrow her and take her place.
After Hurakan's failed execution, she joins the other gods in Xib'alb'a and claims Serena as her daughter, however they chose to officially claim the godborns in June so as to find more godborns and keep them out of the twin’s hands.
She is selected to be the principal of the Shaman Institute of Higher-Order Magic when it reopens. During the celebrations following the defeat of Ixkik', she and Ah-Puch bark orders at the air and earth spirits.
- Vitakinesis: As the Goddess of Healing, she is able to heal others.
- Photokinesis: As the Goddess of the Moon, she has control over moonlight.
- Hydrokinesis: As the Goddess of Water, Ixchel has absolute control and divine over water, even unleashing gigantic tsunamis and tidal waves.
- Amokinesis: As the Goddess of Love, Lust, and Sexuality, Ixchel has divine authority and absolute control over the emotions of love and desire.
- Photokinesis: As the Goddess of the Rainbow, Ixchel has the divine authority and absolute control over rainbow.
- Snake Summoning: Ixchel has the ability to create snakes out of thin air. Her daughter, Serena, was given this ability as well.
- Among the other stuff Ixchel is the goddess of are fertility, weaving, love, and rainbows. Her name means "lady rainbow."
- She was celebrated in the zip month under her title of medicine goddess.
- Her Greek/Roman counterparts are Artemis/Diana, Aphrodite/Venus, Iris/Arcus, Hera/Juno and Asclepio.
- Her Nordic counterparts are Freyja, Frigg, Eir and Mani.
- Her Egyptian counterpart is Hathor, Sekhmet, Isis, Nefertem and Khonsu.
|Storm Runner Trilogy|
|Books:||The Storm Runner | The Fire Keeper | The Shadow Crosser|
|Main Characters:||Zane Obispo | Brooks | Rosie | Hondo Obispo | Ren Santiago | Jordan | Bird|
|Secondary Characters:||Mrs. Obispo | Antonia Caballero | Ixtab | Muwan | Quinn | Antonio Marcel De la Vega | Jazz | Louie | Marco | Adrik | Alana|
|Minor Characters:||Mr. Ortiz | Pacific | Saqik'oxol | Abuelo Santiago | Clementino | Itzel | Fausto | Red Queen | Gee | Serena | Sipacna | Kip|
|Mayan Gods:||Ah-Puch | Hurakan | K'ukumatz | Ixkik' | Bakab | Yant'o Triad | Nakon | Ixkakaw | Ixchel | Itzamna | Alom | Camazotz | Chaac | Akan|
|Creatures:||Demon Runner | Nawal | Alux | Demon | Giant | Hellhound | Mud Person | Ahuizotl|
|Related Content:||Jennifer Cervantes | Shadow Bruja Duology | Rick Riordan Presents|