The Kane family is an ancient Egyptian magician line descended from the blood of the pharaohs, specifically the first pharaoh, Narmer, whom Julius Kane resembles. The most recent generation, which consists of Carter and Sadie Kane are also descended from the Faust family, another ancient magician bloodline with blood of the pharaohs coming from King Ramesses II.
The Kane family has a number of magical objects associated with them including the Brooklyn House, a five-story house on top of a warehouse that overlooks the East River in New York, and the Egyptian Queen, a magical boat that the Kane family may summon once a year.
- Narmer (ancestor)
- Amos Kane
- Julius Kane
- Ruby Kane (originally of the Faust family)
- Carter Kane
- Sadie Kane
- Set (tentatively)
- Philip of Macedonia
- Zia Rashid
- Some other gods (i.e. Nut, Geb, Ra)
- Percy Jackson
- Annabeth Chase
- Vladimir Menshikov (Vlad the Inhaler)
- Set (The Red Pyramid)
- House of Life (formerly)
- Sarah Jacobi
- Face of Horror
- Bloodstained Blade (The Serpent's Shadow)
- Despite Carter's statements in the first book of The Kane Chronicles, it is most likely that the last name Kane was written 𓎡𓂝𓈖, and not 𓎡𓈖, because the latter would be read "Kene", since the only vowel not written by the Egyptians was the E. 𓎡𓂝𓈖 would be a more accurate transliteration, since the hieroglyph 𓂝 was used as a phoneme very similar to A.