LGBT is an abbreviation for Lesbian Gay Bisexual Transgender, a community of individuals who identify as neither heterosexual (attracted to the opposite gender) and/or cisgender (identity as the gender they are born with). Aside from the aforementioned terms, there are multiple other sexual orientations and gender identities. Rick Riordan has introduced various characters under the LGBT umbrella, as well as some of the authors under the Rick Riordan Presents imprint.
Homosexuality is an attraction to those of the same gender as oneself.
Bisexuality is an attraction to two genders.
Pansexuality is an attraction to anyone regardless of gender or gender identity.
Asexuality is a lack of physical attraction to others, but can still have a romantic attraction.
Transgender refers to anyone who does not identify with their biological gender at birth and seeks to change it to the one they identify as.
Non-Binary is an umbrella term used to referee to gender identities that are not male or female, the two binary genders. It is also used as a gender identity by some.
Genderfuid is when one’s gender identity changes over time, it could be between male and female but may also include non-binary identities as well.
Bigender is when someone identifies as two genders at once, fluxuates between two genders, or both.
Known LGBT characters
- Nico di Angelo (Gay)
- Will Solace (Unknown, attracted to men)
- Apollo (Bisexual)
- Artemis/Diana (Asexual, Aromantic)
- Hestia/Vesta (Asexual, Aromantic)
- Athena/Minerva (Asexual)
- Zeus/Jupiter (Bisexual)
- Ganymede (Gay)
- Hyacinthus (Gay)
- Zephyros/Favonius (Bisexual)
- Alex Fierro (Transgender & Genderfluid)
- Magnus Chase (Pansexual)
- Loki (Genderfluid)
- Pottery Barn (Non-binary)
- Hemithea (Lesbian)
- Josephine (Lesbian)
- Commodus (Bisexual)
- Darren Knowles (Unknown, attracted to men)
- Hippolytus (Asexual, Aromantic)
- Sipriotes (Transgender; male-to-female by choice)
Rick Riordan Presents
Rick Riordan Presents
- In many myths, various Greek Gods are shown to be in same-sex relationships.
- Ganymede is the Greek god of homosexual love and desire.
- Though Will Solace is LGBT, his exact sexuality is unknown as its never mentioned if he's simply gay or possibly bisexual or pansexual.
- It is never stated directly if Magnus Chase is pansexual or not.
- Romantic Orientation differs from sexual orientation in that it determines who an individual is romanticly attracted to rather then sexualy atracted.
- Someone’s romantic orientation could be different from their sexual orientation. For example, someone could be heterosexual and homoromantic or asexual and panromantic.
- Alex identifying as transgender could result from the child of Loki’s shapeshifting abilities.
- Poseidon is also another possibly god who is LGBT as it's stated he once had Nerites, a young sea-god son of Nereus, as a charioteer and a lover to him.