Sherman Yang is a Greek demigod son of Ares. He is the current head counselor of the Ares' Cabin, after taking the position from his sister, Clarisse La Rue. He is the current boyfriend of Miranda Gardiner.
Sherman replaced his sister Clarisse La Rue as counselor of Ares' Cabin, probably due to the fact that she was at the University of Arizona. When Meg arrived at camp she kicked him in the crotch. That night at dinner he and Connor Stoll attempted to trap her in a net, but Peaches came to Meg's aid and slammed him face first on the floor. When Demeter claimed her he reluctantly bowed. He was reunited with his best friend and half brother Ellis and girlfriend Miranda when Apollo rescued them from the Grove of Dodona. His chariot was stolen by Austin and Kayla, which they used to defeat the Colossus.
- ADHD: Like most demigods, he possesses inborn supernatural battle reflexes and senses that he uses to analyze the fighting style of his opponent.
- Fighting Skills: He is quite skilled with weapons.
- Dyslexia: His brain is "hardwired" for Ancient Greek instead of modern languages.
- Physically Enhanced: As a son of Ares, he is very strong and swift.
- Telumkinesis: Being a child of Ares would make him an expert in all weapon usage and may even have some degree of magical control over them.
- Necromancy: As son of Ares, he can summon the losing soldiers in any war.
- Sherman is an Angelo Saxon surname meaning “shearer of woolen garments”.
- Yang is a Chinese surname meaning “aspen“ or “willow”.