|“||You. Oath-breaker. Do not think I have forgotten.||”|
Styx is one of the Oceanids, the eldest daughter of Oceanus and Tethys. She is married to the Titan Pallas, with whom she had four children; Zelus (“Zeal”), Nike (“Victory”), Kratos (“Strength”) and Bia (“Force”). Upon the outbreak of the First Titanomachy, when Zeus was assembling his allies, Styx, alongside her children, journeyed to Mount Olympus, whereupon she immediately swore her allegiance to him. Zeus was immensely grateful for this, as she was the first to do so, and, to show his thanks, bestowed high honors upon Styx and her children — he decreed that her name would be the one by which the gods took their solemn oaths, and that her children would live with him and the other gods on Olympus.memory and forgetfulness, Apollo sees the goddess glaring at him and promises to make him pay for breaking his oath to never fire an arrow or play music until he became a god again.
When Apollo encountered her in his dream, Styx had ebony hair that was wafting in the cold current. Her dress billowed around her like volcanic smoke, and her face appeared delicate and sublime. Her lipstick, eye shadow, and mascara were all expertly done in shades of midnight and her obsidian eyes gleamed with absolute hatred. In another one of Apollo's dreams, she was wearing black silky robes.
- Hydrokinesis: As a river nymph, the oldest and strongest of the Oceanids, Styx possesses a considerable amount of power and control over her river.
- Toxikinesis: As her river can burn away even souls, it is implied that she can do this too.
- Binder of Oaths: As the river all people, even the gods, swear upon, she possesses the power to bind an oath and punish those who break them.
- Odikinesis: As the Goddess of Hatred, she can sense, insight and remove hated.
- Power Bestowal: She can bestow incredible power to mortals, such as the Curse of Achilles, giving a human the power to physically challenge a god.
- Dream Control: She was able to speak to and influence the hallucination-like dreams of Apollo.
- Necromancy: Styx can summon the souls of those who have broken oaths to her aid, as their soul belong to her in Death, though how strong she is in this when compared to Orcus the Roman God of Broken Oaths is unclear for he is said to be her Ruler in his Roman Self.
- Incredible Power - Apollo admitted that she was the oldest and strongest child of Oceanus and Tethys, showing some fear of her himself. However no god seemed to be punished by her, implying lesser power to an Olympian.
- She is at the same time a goddess, a oceanid and a titaness.
- As the mother of Nike, all the members of the Nike's Cabin are her grandchildren.