The Kane Chronicles: Survival Guide is a companion book to The Kane Chronicles series.
The Story So far: A brief recap of the first book on the series
Hieroglyphics, Symbols and Commands: Symbols and spells, spoken and drawn spells, etc.
Ancient Egypt (A brief history): A summarized history of Ancient Egypt, a timeline of the events and milestones of Ancient Egypt, from the settling of humans till the present.
Guide to Magical places: Basically tourist hot spots with Egyptian objects in them.
Artifacts of Power: Information on Egyptian Artifacts (such as magical books, magician tools, etc)
Traveling with the Kanes: Information on portals and what stops them from opening
Cards with pictures of the characters that can be arranged into a pyramid.
Pictures of events in the Kane Chronicles.
Photos of Iskandar, Michel Desjardins, Vladimir Menshikov, Amos, Philip of Macedonia and even Khufu!
Cover: Features Sadie, Carter, Walt, Bast and Horus, Isis, Anubis and Zia. Like the Percy and the Olympians guide, it's a picture that must be tilted in a certain way to see some characters.
A great read for anyone, illustrations are detailed and information is accurate and easy to read. Perfect for any Kane Chronicles and Egyptian fans.
- It can be hinted that by the way the magicians (Carter, Sadie, Walt and Zia) corresponds to the Egyptian gods (Horus, Isis, Anubis, and Bast) signals or signifies the relationship of each of them and their destinies as concluded in The Serpent's Shadow. For example, Carter and Sadie are known to be the Eyes of Horus and Isis. Also in The Serpent's Shadow, Walt becomes the first human host of Anubis, and Zia Rashid becomes the Eye of Ra.
- It includes the first ever official portraits of Iskandar, Michel Desjardins, and Vladimir Menshikov.
- It comes with trading cards that can fold into a pyramid.
- The cost is $13.99 in USA currency.
- The Survival Guide is similar to the Ultimate Guide of the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series.