- This article is about the graphic novel. For other uses, see The Lightning Thief (disambiguation).
The Lightning Thief graphic novel is a comic book style version of The Lightning Thief. It was released on October 12th, 2010. An online preview of a scene extracted from the finished copy of the novel was shown on the Percy Jackson website celebrating the Percy Jackson series' 5th anniversary. The scene depicted Percy, Annabeth and Grover heading to and entering Aunty Em's Garden Gnome Emporium.
Differences from the book
The plot in the graphic novel and book is generally the same. Some parts were cut out and some were not told in details as they were on the book:
- No reference is made about Percy liking blue food.
- Chiron's lower body, like in the film, is brown.
- Chiron already knows the exact location of the entrance to the Underworld from the start.
- The battle with the Furies on the bus (and the bus exploding) is not shown, but it is mentioned once.
- When Ares met Percy, Annabeth, and Grover, he immediately gives the backpack that contains the Master Bolt to Percy and gets them a ride to Las Vegas, without asking them to retrieve his shield.
- Medusa is not on the printed version of the graphic novel. The scene with her can only be found online.
- Procrustes is not shown.
- Cerberus is not shown.
- Percy didn't fight Luke in the end. However, Chiron explained that he ran away without telling anyone.
- Luke's scar is on the opposite side.