The Son of Neptune (graphic novel) is the comic book adaptation of the The Son of Neptune. It was published on February 22, 2017 by Hyperion Books.
Differences from the book
The plot in the graphic novel and book is generally the same. Some parts were cut out and some were not told in details as they were on the book.
- The scene where Percy Jackson uses Stheno's 'Crispy Cheese 'n' Wieners' platter from Bargain Mart to escape from her and Euryale is cut. Instead, the novel goes right to Percy carrying Juno.
- Percy does not give Octavian a Panda Pillow Pet.
- Frank Zhang accuses Octavian of killing Gwendolyn before she comes back to life. Octavian claims he didn't have his sword because he lost it during the battle.
- Mars does not write a prophecy.
- The way Phineas chooses one of the bottles of Gorgon Blood is different. Both are put on the table, then the wrong one suddenly goes up into Phineas' hand when he held it over the two.
- Phineas does not hold his stomach as he dies.
- Percy does not refer the Laistrygonian Giants as Canadians.
- The scene on the train with the Hyperborean Giants is absent, the plane goes straight to Seward instead of Anchorage. As a result, Gray is not used for the third time and the Gryphons attack the trio at the warehouse instead.
- Polybotes does not dissolve into a steaming heap of seaweed, reptile skin, and poisonous muck.
- One of the stuffed animals Octavian is about to cut is Nemo from Pixar's Finding Nemo.
|Percy Jackson and the Olympians:||The Lightning Thief | The Sea of Monsters | The Titan's Curse | The Battle of the Labyrinth | The Last Olympian|
|The Kane Chronicles:||The Red Pyramid | The Throne of Fire | The Serpent's Shadow|
|The Heroes of Olympus:||The Lost Hero | The Son of Neptune|
|Pandava Quintet:||Aru Shah and the End of Time|