While in her house, Sif mentioned how Thor is sometimes irritated by Ullr, as he is his stepson rather than his biological son.
- He presumably has the standard powers of a god.
- Archery: As the God of Archery, Ullr is an extremely skilled archer.
- Cryokinesis: As the God of Winter, Ullr has divine and absolute control over winter.
- Tracking Skills: As the god of hunting, he is able to track anything he is looking for.
- The name Ullr is probably descended from the same word as Old English wuldor and the Gothic wulþus, meaning "glory". The reconstructed Proto-Germanic form is *Wulþuz.
- The town of Breckenridge, Colorado hosts a week-long festival called "Ullr Fest" each year in January, featuring numerous events designed to win his favor in an effort to bring snow to the historic ski town. Breck Ullr Fest was first held in 1962.
- Within the winter skiing community of Europe, Ullr is considered the Guardian Patron Saint of Skiers (German Schutzpatron der Skifahrer).
- Various locations in Norway and Sweden are named after him.
- His Greco-Roman equivalent (in terms of attributes) would be Artemis/Diana.
- His Egyptian equivalents is Neith.