Umbrakinesis, or Sciakinesis, is the ability to mentally generate and manipulate darkness, the absence of light. One with this ability can even deactivate and repulse or travel through shadows (see Shadow Travel).
After the battle, Nico walks into the woods and Percy follows him. Nico tells Percy he has to investigate his past. As Nico walks away, Percy states that the shadows of the forest were reaching out to Nico as if they were embracing him.
- They can surround enemies in pitch-black clouds of dark space.
- They can use darkness to create portals to travel from one place to the next (Shadow Travel).
- They can use shadows to cover oneself in darkness to become invisible.
- They can possibly see through darkness while their enemies cannot.
- They are able to use black energy creating virtually impenetrable barriers. Hades was even able to block Zeus' Master Bolt.
- They can manipulate shadows to form any weapon.
- They can heal themselves or others by using darkness (Minor injuries).
- They can absorb and dissipate shadows.
- They can become stronger at night or in dark places (e.g. Underworld).
- They can transform into (living) darkness or shadows.
- Children of Hades/Pluto
- Children of Hecate
- Underworld creatures
- Sadie Kane (through magic)
|Demigod Abilities:||ADHD | Ancient Greek | Aphrodite's Blessing | Ares' Blessing | Artemis' Blessing | Clear Sight | Dreams | Dyslexia | Latin | Superhuman Agility | Superhuman Durability | Superhuman Strength|
|Object Manipulation:||Air | Anatomy | Atmosphere | Bones | Darkness | Dead | Earth | Electricity | Fears | Fire | Healing | Ice | Light | Love | Luck | Machines | Magic | Metals | Plants | Poison | Sleep | Sound | Temperature | Time | War | Water | Weapons | Youth|
|Other Abilities:||Alf Seidr | Charmspeak | Curse of Achilles | Empathy Link | Immunity | Mist Control | Prophecy | Rune Magic | Seasons Alteration | Shadow Travel | Shapeshifting | Telekinesis | Teleportation | Vocal Mimicry | Zoolingualism|
|Skills:||Alf Sign Language | Archery | Greek Training | Horsemanship | Legion Training | Multilingualism | Old Norse | Swordsmanship | Weaving|