Valentina is seen at the music lessons in the amphitheater. She was playing the clarinet "producing sounds like a basset hound whimpering in a thunderstorm." When Apollo plays, she breaks down in tears.
After Apollo comes back safely from the Labyrinth, Will mentions that Valentina has broken her arm, and asks if Apollo would be willing to assist him.
During the battle against Colossus, she is seen launching ballista missiles.
Valentina is the one dates the orientation film at the beginning of the book. After seeing the orientation film, she rummages through a chest at the back of the camp store, trying the outfits that lay within on. While looking through it, she finds Aphrodite's Girdle, and considers using it on Paolo Montes. She decides against it, however, because she feared it was cursed.
- Amokinesis: As a daughter of Aphrodite, Valentina has some control over many degrees of love, lust, beauty, and etc., though on a much smaller scale than her mother.
- Beauty: Valentina is able to radiate beauty, regardless of how she may look. This ability sometimes prevents enemy forces from willingly attacking her, even as she charges them head-on.
- She can attract people when she walks by.
- She may have the ability to change her physical features, like Aphrodite is the goddess of love and beauty.
- French fluency: As a daughter of Aphrodite, Valentina is able to speak French fluently due to it being the "language of love".
Valentina is the feminine form of Valentine. Her name could likely be a play on Valentine's Day, which is fitting for a daughter of Aphrodite.