|“||That was so beautiful! What was that song?||”|
–Valentina to Apollo
Valentina is seen at the music lessons in the amphitheater. She was playing the clarinet "producing sounds like a basset hound whimpering in a thunderstorm." When Apollo plays, she breaks down in tears.
After Apollo comes back safely from the Labyrinth, Will mentions that Valentina has broken her arm, and asks if Apollo would be willing to assist him.
During the battle against the Colossus, she is seen launching ballista missiles.
Valentina is the one that dates the orientation film at the beginning of the book. After seeing the orientation film, she rummages through a chest at the back of the camp store, trying the outfits that lay within on. While looking through it, she finds Aphrodite's Girdle, and considers using it on Paolo Montes. She decides against it, however, because she feared that it was cursed.
- Amokinesis: As a daughter of Aphrodite, Valentina has some control over many degrees of love, lust, beauty, and etc.
- Beauty: Valentina is able to radiate beauty, regardless of how she may look.
- She can attract people when she walks by.
- She may have the ability to change her physical features, like Aphrodite is the goddess of love and beauty.
- French fluency: As a daughter of Aphrodite, Valentina is able to speak French fluently due to it being the "language of love".
- Valentina is the feminine form of Valentine. Her name could likely be a play on Valentine's Day, which is fitting for a daughter of Aphrodite.
- Diaz is a surname of Spanish origin meaning “son of Diego”.
- Valentina is the second daughter of Aphrodite to have a point of view, the first being Piper McLean.
- Valentina is a year-rounder.