Venus is the Roman goddess of love, beauty, vegetation, fertility and prosperity, equivalent to the Greek goddess Aphrodite.
Venus, in the ancient Italic religion, was a matronly goddess largely associated with marital love and agricultural fertility, most especially the cultivation of fields and gardens, and while there was no worship of Venus in the early days of Rome, she was especially worshiped by the Latins, having a temple at Lavinium and another one at Ardea.
She came to be equated with the Greek goddess Aphrodite, although it is unknown why or when exactly such identification occurred.
Venus was, like her Greek equivalent, famed for her many affairs with both gods and mortals, the goddess was thought to protect the chastity of women and girls. She was especially important to the foundational myth of Rome, for she was regarded as the mother of Aeneas, who was himself ancestor to Romulus, Rome's mythical founder-king.
As mother to Aeneas, Venus was regarded as the mother to the Roman people. Indeed the famed Gaius Julius Caesar was a member of the gens Julii, claiming descent from Venus through Aeneas' son Iulus, the patroness of motherhood and domesticity.
Chiron mentions Venus to Percy Jackson when explaining the path the gods took when following Western Civilization and how they "temporarily" went under different names when patrons of the Roman Empire.
Venus is mentioned to be the divine mother of Michael Kahale.
- Amokinesis: As the goddess of love, Venus has divine authority and absolute control over love.
- Beauty and Omnipotent Allure: Venus can alter her physical appearance to fit the idea of beauty to whoever is around her.
- Charmspeak: Venus is able to persuade others through her voice.
- Identity Stabilization: Venus, as well as Aphrodite, is immune to the split personalities the other Greek and Roman gods go through whenever their Greek and Roman demigod children are in conflict with one another. Venus stated that this was due to her aspect and personality as the goddess of Love not having much personality difference in either one of her forms.
- Clairvoyance: Like many gods and goddesses, Venus can observe and watch any mortal she focuses on anywhere and any time she wants. This is seen where she would observe Reyna Ramírez-Arellano from Olympus.
|Mars||Timor, Metus, Cupid|
|Mr. Kahale||Michael Kahale|
- The planet Venus is the second planet from the sun. The goddess' name has also been given to the Venus flytrap, Carnivorous plant.
- The Mayans referred to the planet Venus as Chak Ek' (CHAHK EHKH).
- Her Norse counterpart is Freyja.
- The Shadow Crosser, Glossary