- 1 History
- 2 Percy Jackson and the Olympians
- 3 The Heroes of Olympus
- 4 The Trials of Apollo
- 5 Physical Appearance
- 6 Abilities
- 7 Trivia
The two dwelt with each other in the Thracian mountains.
Zephyros gave his first wife the dominion over flowers. They had a son named Karpos. With Iris, Zephyros had a son named Pothos, who served as an attendant to Aphrodite.
Becoming attendant of Eros
At some point, Zephyros fell in love with a mortal man named Hyacinthus, who he found "quite extraordinary." After finding Hyacinthus with Apollo playing a game of quoits, Zephyros accidentally killed Hyacinthus in a jealous rage. As the mortal died, Apollo transformed him into a flower, a hyacinth.
Fearing his safety, Zephyros escaped. Aphrodite's immortal son, Eros, offered him his mother's protection, on the condition that he would work with him forever.
Jason Grace identifies the god as Favonius, his Roman form, while Nico di Angelo identifies the god as Zephyros, his Greek form. Zephyros tells the duo that he does not care if the duo calls him Zephyros or Favonius because the split between Roman and Greek does not affect him, as he is a minor god.
Zephyros is mentioned several times by the Greek god Apollo throughout the book. Apollo states that he regrets blaming Zephyros for Hyacinthus' death. Later in the book, Zephyros swept up the remains of the dryads who had sacrificed their life for Apollo. This led Apollo to conclude that Zephyros had finally forgiven him after centuries of rivalry. He also helped Apollo, who had lost his archery powers, accurately shoot an arrow into the Colossus Neronis' ear.
Zephyros has curly black hair and wears a Greek chiton.
Zephyros presumably possesses the standard powers of a god.
- Aerokinesis: As the God of the West Wind, Zephyros has divine authority and absolute control over the air, though not as much as Zeus and Aeolus. His wind was said to be the most favorable of the four Anemoi.
- Chlorokinesis (limited): As the God of Spring, Zephyros can grow healthy plants rather fast, though to a lesser extent than Demeter.
- Seasons Alteration (limited to Spring): As the God of Spring, Zephyros has influence over this season and things associated with it.
- The spelling of Zephyros's name differs between the two series. In Percy Jackson and the Olympians, his name is spelled Zephyr. In The Heroes of Olympus, his name is spelled Zephyros. It is unknown whether Rick Riordan purposefully decided to change the spelling of the god's name or not.
- The creek that runs through the forest in Camp Half-Blood is named after him.
- He is the wind god that appears in the left-hand side of Botticelli's painting, "The Birth of Venus".